Individuals who do not follow the MacEwan Hall Concerts (MacEwan Hall, MacEwan Ballroom, and the Den) house rules will be asked to leave the venue immediately. The MacEwan Hall Concerts reserves the right to deny entry to the venue if it is felt that there is a risk of disturbance or disruption to other patrons, or the venue staff.
- Outside Food and/or Drink of any form are not permitted in the venue. This includes bottled water and reusable drink containers. For selected events at the venue, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase. Our staff is trained in the provincial Pro-Serve Training Program for responsible alcohol service. All guest will be required to show ID to purchase alcohol. Management reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any guest. Guest are not permitted to bring in alcoholic beverage from outside the venue, and may not leave with alcohol purchased from the venue.
- No chewing gum is permitted.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted.
- No chains are permitted (Including wallet chains)
- No markers are permitted.
- All electronic devices are to be turned off during all performances.
- Professional cameras (i.e. S.L.R.), video cameras, and tape recorders are not permitted during any performance, unless prior consent from venue and performer management is given.
- Some events require a mandatory coat and/or bag check. Patrons are solely responsible for checking and picking up all associated personal belongings during these events.
- No luggage, backpacks or computer bags are permitted.
- The public is not permitted in the technical area (booth), onstage, or backstage.
- With the exception of service animals such as guide dogs, the venue does not allow animals in MacEwan Hall, MacEwan Ballroom, or the Den. A service animal is any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability.
- Any emergencies or injuries are to be reported to a venue security immediately.
- Re-Entry is not permitted
On occasion tickets are available at retail outlets such as Sloth Records. Please check online. There is no physical box office at the venue. Door sales, if available, open thirty minutes prior to the doors.
Yes. Thirty minutes prior to the advertised door time our box office/will call kiosk will open. The Box Office/Will Call kiosk is located: for MacEwan Hall just outside of the Hall doors, for MacEwan Ballroom just outside of the Black Lounge.
Our official venue ticket provider, ShowClix, only provides refunds in the event of a show cancellation. ShowClix and the MacEwan Hall/Ballroom venue will not be held responsible for tickets purchased via private sale or unofficial ticket vendors.
Yes. There are several ATM’s within the building that can be accessed prior to entering your concert. Additionally, there is an ATM within the concert spaces.
Yes. There is a coat check option within all of our concert spaces. The cost is $3.00 per item. Please arrive early, and expect to wait to retrieve your jacket at the conclusion of the show as it may take time to retrieve all coats and/or items.
General Admission refers to standing areas that are not assigned or reserved and are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis. All of our concerts (unless otherwise indicated) are standing only.
Set times will be posted on the day of the show. We will post the set times on MacEwan Hall Concerts social media. The door time is listed on your ticket.
The majority of concert events are all-ages. Events that are all-ages-welcome are noted on the event website, ticket vendor, and printed on the ticket. Access to the beer garden requires proof of age with photo (18 years old in Alberta): driver’s license, passport, or other approved proof-of-age document with photo.
MacEwan Hall and MacEwan Ballroom are 100% wheelchair accessible. Our concerts and events are general floor (no seating provided, unless otherwise indicated on your ticketing). For guests requiring wheelchair accessible seating or assistance please check in at the door or if possible provide advance notice so we can serve you better.
We strive to provide a safe concert environment but decibels are decibels. We sell ear plugs at the coat check table or at the Stor for a nominal fee. Feel free to bring your own hearing protection.
We have security at all points of access at the venue. You may be required for a security pat-down and bag-check on entry. Coat check is provided at most events.
Yes. Nearby hotels are located a few minutes away on Banff Trail and can be found online.
For Lost & Found: Any personal belongings remaining at coat check or inside the venue at the end of an event will be turned into the MacEwan Student Centre building lost and found (located at the Information Centre, between the North and South Courtyard) the following day. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 11:00am to 2:00pm and can be reached by phone at: 403-220-2997.